IPN not working again in sandbox

adrianhb1
Contributor
Contributor

IPN is unreliable again.  I have a URL set for IPN but 5 times out of 6 I get no notification.

I'm making changes so that might affect things.  But the transactions are triggering the onApprove function and show up in my seller account activity, and I can see from the web server log that nothing is calling my IPN URL.  That surely means something's not working right with the sandbox.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

rjmatias

I'm also having this problem. Only works simulating IPN on developer dashboard.

Login to Me Too

adrianhb1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes my last ten transactions show up as apparently completed and valid (onApprove function called, listed in Activity), but nothing has tried to reach the notify URL.  I didn't simulate an IPN but I did do a wget to the URL to prove my script was working, but nothing has come from PayPal for about a day.

It's the similar with webhooks, which I've never got to trigger except by using the webhooks simulator.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've checked from my side and my own IPN and webhook integrations are working and delivering notifications, so there does not appear to be a system issue at play.

If you're experiencing issues, create a post unique for your issue and share the merchant id for your sandbox business account and I can review it for you.

Details on how to retrieve the merchant id for your sandbox account can be found in the thread titled "how to report a sandbox issue" which is pinned to the top of this forum.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

adrianhb1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Justin!

On 15:21 UDT (16 minutes ago)

I made a payment of 50GBP to my business sandbox account, merchant ID R2Q4YVN8GEW48.

The onApprove function was called.

The business account's Activity shows the transaction completed, Txn ID 40X769738H9559524

My web server log shows no request attempt to the notify URL.

Earlier I may have been sending two status 200 headers, but that's now fixed.  I'm not currently sending back the unchanged message for verification, but I don't imagine you stop sending IPNs because of that.  I don't need the verification but let me know if I do need to send it whether or not that's related to this problem.

I hope you can find out what's wrong.

Login to Me Too

adrianhb1
Contributor
Contributor

Just to add that I get a gray overlay with the message "Don't see the secure PayPal browser? We'll help you re-launch the new window to complete purchase" after the purchase popup disappears. It stays for a second or two, then disappears leaving my own purchase page with a Thanks line in place of the PayPal button as intended.  This is posted here but nobody documented a fix, and that may be for the case when the overlay stays there and prevents completion.

Does this indicate any problem with the payment, or anything that might disrupt the process?  As I've said the money changes hands and the transaction is marked completed.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hi @adrianhb1

Thanks for your update.

I've checked this again today and I'm now seeing an issue with IPN delivery, which on some sandbox accounts is intermittent and on others it's constantly happening.

I've engaged our IPN team to investigate further and provide a solution as soon as possible.

If it's resolved before the weekend starts (BST), then I'll post back here. If it's resolved after I go off-shift, you should see the improvement straight away and I'll confirm the same on Monday and update this thread.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello @adrianhb1

The technical issue which was preventing IPN's from being delivered in our sandbox environment has now been resolved.

I've personally conducted eight sandbox transactions and received the notifications for all eight on the first delivery attempt.

​​​​​​​Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

adrianhb1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes!  A couple of minutes after I made a payment I got the IPN.

Thanks Justin!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.