Sandbox infinity pending webhooks

DudkoO
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to connect paypal to my app, and today i'm faced with the fact that paypal stopped sending me webhooks, although yesterday i was receiving them correctly.

That being said, the test with the webhook simulator works fine.

I checked the functionality of my endpoint, turned off all the logic on it and just returned the code 200.

I changed the webhook address to https://webhook.site/

None of the above helped solve my problem.

I found a lot of threads with a similar problem here, it looks like it happened again

Can anyone help me solve it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

quiquelhappy
Contributor
Contributor

- We are also having this is issue, its deff not resolved for us, we have hundreds of webhooks pending and none of them is has been set as delivered in the past week

- Our endpoint is working because we are able to receive webhooks thru the webhook simulator, but actual events aren't working.

- This is only happening with the sandbox env and we are sure our endpoint is accessible, for us it's been happening for about 1 week on our platform partner app.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

The issue has now been resolved and webhook delivery for our sandbox environment is back to normal.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too
Solved

quiquelhappy
Contributor
Contributor

- We are also having this is issue, its deff not resolved for us, we have hundreds of webhooks pending and none of them is has been set as delivered in the past week

- Our endpoint is working because we are able to receive webhooks thru the webhook simulator, but actual events aren't working.

- This is only happening with the sandbox env and we are sure our endpoint is accessible, for us it's been happening for about 1 week on our platform partner app.

Login to Me Too

quiquelhappy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm pretty sure paypal is caching my SSL cert for the webhook https://purecore.lhr.rocks, which is unavailable when not on working hours. Whenever I try to use a fresh domain for webhooks and a valid SSL cert, I don't have any issues until the SSL cert becomes unavailable, then, even if available again, it never reports back to that domain.

Please, fix this, as with many webhook listeners on the sandbox env, they aren't usually fully available and makes developers pay for unnecessary costs for 24/7 working webhook listeners, competing services DON'T have this issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.