How to make an app live?

KingBeven
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am busy creating an app inside PP to accept payments inside ManyChat and following the steps according to their blog post. 

Now after I created the webhook URL I'm supposed to switch the app to live in the top right-hand corner, but I don't see the button on my screen. How would I move forward?

Here are two images showing the difference:

Their Example

z1.png

My Screen 

z2.png

How can I resolve this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The layout of the site has changed in the past two to three weeks and we now have separate applications for our sandbox and production environments.

When you go to create an application now, there is now a toggle on the applications page which allows you to select "sandbox" or "live" when creating an application. Once you choose "sandbox" or "live", the application will be created in that environment only and the REST credentials provided by the application will only work in the environment which you selected when creating the application.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

KingBeven
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin  and thanks for your reply!

But if you look at the image I supplied, I marked a RED box with a question mark. This was to highlight the fact that I do not see the toggle switch to make the app live and was inquiring as to why that might be... any thoughts of that? 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The section you've highlighted is from the old REST application layout, wherein you used to view the application details and then you had a toggle to switch between the "sandbox" and "live" credentials. That toggle is now gone from that page, instead you choose the environment prior to creating the app and then the application only works within the environment chosen.

Hope this provides some clarity.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.