How did you hear about us?

flyingchef
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering if there was a question on the Paypal checkouts that asks "How did you hear about us?"

I am looking for an easy one step tool through my online payment system(currently Paypal) that can offer a drop down menu so I can find out where my customers are coming from.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

flyingchef
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Misty, thank you for your email response, but after clicking on Profile, there is no Selling Options link, to then click on Custom Selling Options. Did you miss a step in the description?

Please help me get to that point. I'm hoping this is what I want to find out where my customers are hearing about us.

Thanks so much,

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello flyingchef,

There is a way to set up a survey for your customers to fill out, first click on profile (under my account), click on Custom Payment Pages (under selling preferences), click on Options, scroll down to Merchant Service options and select the box and type in your questions. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too
Solved

flyingchef
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Misty, thank you for your email response, but after clicking on Profile, there is no Selling Options link, to then click on Custom Selling Options. Did you miss a step in the description?

Please help me get to that point. I'm hoping this is what I want to find out where my customers are hearing about us.

Thanks so much,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi flyingchef,

There are two different Profile formats, and it sounds like you have the other one. 🙂

You should be able to find it in Profile > My Selling Tools > Selling online > Custom payment pages. The selection to add a survey is on the Options tab on that page.

Let us know if you need any more help!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dec48
New Community Member

Can I piggy back on this question?

Once you have the How did you hear about us set up... HOW do we find the results to this question? Where is the report?

Thanks...

Login to Me Too

EduServices
Contributor
Contributor

This is my same problem I want to know what source drove them to the site?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello All,

You can find the results from the survey in the transaction details for each individual transaction. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

EduServices
Contributor
Contributor

How do you set up the survey? All I want it to say is How did you hear about us? or enter Promo  Code?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello EduServices,

Depending on what profile you have in your account, one set of instructions will work.

You can set up a survey for your customers to fill out, first click on profile (under my account), click on Custom Payment Pages (under selling preferences), click on Options, scroll down to Merchant Service options and select the box and type in your questions.

or

You should be able to find it in Profile > My Selling Tools > Selling online > Custom payment pages. The selection to add a survey is on the Options tab on that page.

Misty

Login to Me Too

EduServices
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your assistance that was very nice of you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.