Paypal and Quicken

DaveBoston
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone able to get Quicken 2009 (or any version of quicken for that matter) to connect (either Direct Connect or Express Web Connect) with paypal and download a transaction in the last few months?  I had it working fine and then it stopped working sometime earlier this year, I believe.  I've tried creating new accounts, using shorter user names, logging into the main site again and the like.   All I hear from the message boards is that Quicken and Paypal keep blaming each other.  Well, all my other banks and credit cards work just fine with Quicken, and I have a bunch of them, so who do you think I am going to believe.  Hey, it could be Quicken's fault (it is a pretty poorly written program), but they hold a virtual monopoly on personal transaction management software (the online services are fine to track some investment accounts or some low volume bank accounts, but don't come close to meeting my or many other people's needs) so Paypal, figure it out!  I don't care if you need to pay Quicken extortion money, hire an extra programmer or what, but I will not voluntariliy use paypal until it is fixed. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

clubhistorian
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  My last successful download was 8/2/2011.  I'm now running Quicken 2012 and can't make it work.  I used to be able to include Paypal in my "update all" options in Quicken, but no more.

I can go into the download history area of Paypal and download a ..QIF file, but when I try to import that file into my Quicken, Paypal is not offered as the type of account that accepts a .qif file.  I believe that most of the checking/savings/etc accounts in QB can only accept an .OFX file.

Any word on when Paypal will update this feature?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.