No more Charts and Graphs!

DoremiTeacher
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is doing away with Charts and Graphs in 2019. This is ridiculous! I used Charts and Graphs EVERY DAY!  They are telling me to use Reports, but Reports doesn't do nearly enough.  come on, Paypal!!!  Don't make me leave you. 

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

DoremiTeacher
Contributor
Contributor

I used it for daily fees totals - Every day

Now, to get these things, I have to generate a report and download it.  Ugh.  Time waster. 

I can honestly say that I NEVER look at Insights because it tells me nothing that I need to know. 

I have since figured out how to connect my account to Quicken.  I had to re-think things, but this is  now working for me.  

Here's the problem:  I fear that you will do away with that as well and then I'm back to wasting time..... 

Login to Me Too

Katieekirkk
By “charts and graphs”, we all mean sales insights. Sales insights is no longer a part of the PayPal algorithm and it made PayPal one of the reasons I chose to do business with them. I will Be swapping after this. When filing taxes on my business, PayPal was 100% the help I needed and now I have no further need. Please bring back the sales insights!
Login to Me Too

Calvin17
Contributor
Contributor
Using the paypal business app i could plan resources at a glance very easily. Looking at a chart from the same month last year I could easily look at trends and identify busy periods. This meant I could appropriately resource for busy days. Now that I cannot see the charts at a glance, it means I have to close my ebay shop for certain periods to cope with busy periods i have not resourced for. This means less transactions, less money for me and less money for paypal. “Logging into” the website is not an option. I use a slow old computer for the paypal website and I just cannot conveniently look at is ‘quickly’. So therefore I won’t use the website to check for trends. The app was easy. I could check the app when watching TV with the wife.
Login to Me Too

Tom1161
New Community Member

I have a shipping intensive retail business and access Charts & Graphs at least twice monthly to keep track of my shipping expense for items sold through eBay.  I used this shipping total when creating my mid-month and end of month P&L reports.  Why would PayPal take away this Charts & Graphs feature when you most certainly know paying customers are using it? I'm not interested in some long time-consuming work around where I have to download data, create a spreadsheet and then do a date range search before adding up figures. Seriously, it took me maybe 2 minutes to get my shipping figures using Charts & Graphs.  You already have this information readily available so why make it more difficult for your customers to access this data rather than easier? Don't give me some mumbo-jumbo buzz word answer about some (fill in the blank)-rich environment for consumer interaction. Just put the Charts & Graphs feature back in place and start asking your users next time before deleting functionality.  Not a happy customer here 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Tom1161, we certainly appreciate your feedback regarding this feature request. If you're looking for a summary of your shipping labels purchased through your PayPal account, there are a couple ways you can access that information. Probably the easiest way is to download your activity into a .CSV format and then apply a sort and filter to the headings to filter out your shipping labels. You can also use the Transaction Finder in your Activity to search through your activity for your shipping label purchases. 

We always welcome and appreciate our customers' insight and feedback. Please use the "Reports Feedback" link in the upper right portion of the reports page to provide our engineers additional feedback. 

Thank you again for using the PayPal Community Help Forum and have a great day!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ericmmv
Contributor
Contributor

If something isnt broke you don't fix it. Sales insights is literal bull manure at this point and completely buggy. Hasn't updated in 4 days for me and would like to know what my total daily sales have been for the last 4 days. Its so ridiculous. Not happy about this change either, especially when the provided alternative doesn't work. Sometimes it updates the day after and like now, who knows, it's been 4 days so far though. 

Login to Me Too

Mountbatten
Contributor
Contributor

Sales insight Graph has not been updated since the 19th now the 26th. I send a Daily email to the company stakeholders with the graph attached. They love the snapshot without having to look at the full 371 page report. The board are meeting is on Friday and if the graphs are not up by then I am going to have to make my own and that will take me an age. Need to compare month to month sales. OH and sales report cannot do that ! so will need to print off the necessary reports and do my own graph. I need a solution in 72 hours Charts and Graphs Was much better for me than Sales insights do not see the reason it was taken down! 

Login to Me Too

Mountbatten
Contributor
Contributor

I just talked to Customer Service. 

They told me that the Sales Insight Issue is a known issue! A technical problem that the team is working on. No time as yet when it will be fixed. The Old Graph was ideal and gave me all information I needed  the new one fails inside of a couple of weeks of the old one being taken down ! 

Login to Me Too

mybizz1

This makes absolutely no sense! Downloading all that information is super slow, buggy and way to tedious. Paypal completely shafted business owners by taking away a valuable tool. How can Paypal possibly suggest an easier solution for business owners who need to provide quarterly sales taxes!? What can be better than seeing a quick dollar amount that clearly says "THIS IS WHAT YOU RECEIVED IN TAXES DURING THIS QUARTER". Simple! Easy! Why would Paypal ruin everything and take that away!?? How the heck does it make ANY sense to have to sift through hundreds or thousands of transactions!? Bad Paypal Bad! Please return these valuable and necessary tools for your customers ASAP.

Login to Me Too

wwiicolectr
New Community Member

I loved charts and graphs because I could look at it see what yearly sales tax I collected.  Know I am assuming that I cant do that until I input all my data in my spreadsheet which takes a couple months and then pay.  Which I need to pay know.  It was so simple 

thanks for changing and making much more difficult and complicated typical.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.