SAFECART IS AN INTERNATIONAL SCAM! SEARCH THE INTERNET FOR ALL THE RIP-OFFS AND $$$ LOST!

llpp
New Community Member

I SENT THIS TO THE FBI!

"I just received my June credit card statement. It shows that on May 11, 2013 www.safecart.com charged $19.99 for SpeedyPC. I never heard of safecart.com and I did not purchase any such product. I'm reporting this fraudulent charge to my credit card company because I'm not paying it. I'm also reporting this company to Lifelock and the Federal Trade Commission and/or the FBI. When I searched safecart.com on the Internet, I was shocked at the number of similar reports by others. Many of them occurred over the past month, but they go back years."

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

quiltstore
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I was checking my PayPal statement for November 2012 and noticed a $119.95 charge from Safecart.  I do not even know who or what Safecart is or how they my paypal account information.  They added an indefinite charge for services that I know nothing about.  I hope Paypal steps in and put an end to this scammer.

Patti Murray

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi llpp and quiltstore,

Reading your posts, it sounds like there may be a reacurring billing agreement on your account with this merchant.

I suggest that your both click 'report a problem' in your resolution centre to dispute the payments as unauthorised.

You can also cancel the billing agreement to prevent this from happening again by:

-Clicking 'profile' near the top of the page

-Clicking 'My Money' and then 'Update' beside 'My pre-approved payments'

-Finally select the 'Merchant Name' for the billing agreement you want to cancel.

I hope this helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

gareththomasnz
Contributor
Contributor

Its now 2016 & it appears this company is still doing its fraud

Poor job paypal

I did not download spyhunter, I run linux & its windows software. I did not set up recurring billing or authorize any software SIX MONTHS AGO!!!

You guys seem to be letting this company get away with fraud

I made a disput today & paypal simply said I set up recurring billing & gave the theives my money.

Now I have had to cancel my credit card & otrder a new one

Not happy at all that you are letting this company do this to people - also I have a strong suspicion my password was hacked.

Login to Me Too

Pete51
New Community Member

hi

I have the same problem .The issue I have is PAYPAL have been aware of this for year and have been inundated with complaints .The fact is I have only had this problem when i signedd up with PAYPAL coincidence mmm

Login to Me Too

roaxnne
New Community Member

I have 2 paypal accounts.  one is a paypal debit account, the other is just paypal.  I was charged 29.99 from this "safecart" company and they got the $29.99 from both of my accounts all on the same day.

I do not use the regular paypal account very often.  I don't pay bills with it.  it's strictly for recieving money from others.  Once money is recieved, I transfer ot to my paypal debit card.

I would not be paying the same company $29.99 on the same day, one through Paypal, and one through Pypal Debit.

It has to be some type of scam.  I want, and need my $60 back.

Login to Me Too

OlenaM
New Community Member

Dear Conor,

Safe card 19.08.2016 by preapproved payment stole 39.99$ from my PAY PAL account. When I opened case about unauthorized payment, Pay Pal support said that is not correct. I cannot open case again. I wrote two letters, still dont have any answers.May Pay Pal has share from Safe card?I think,I will close PAY PAL account, if it cannot protect my money.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Olena,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

We are very sorry to hear this and would appreciate it if you could contact us to discuss this further. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook, Twitter, email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

Thanks - Siobhan

Login to Me Too

wdk450
New Community Member

Replying to PayPal_Connor:

I logged in and found my account and "Profile", but "My Money" and "PreApproved Payments" were NOT visible? Has your software changed? Can I still stop these possible reoccuring payments now?

Login to Me Too

patriciajphilli
New Community Member

I found a tip under Safecart is a rip off saying you need to go into your paypal account and disable your renewals. You can get your money back, I just did.

I found the tip about PayPal informative. I was unaware I had agreed to let the different retailers auto renew. This is why my money kept dissappearing from my bank account. I just went through money tab and was able to disable all of these subscriptions. This way if they want my money they have to contact me directly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.