Not receiving money back from cancelled payment

ArnoldHoogmoed
New Community Member
Quite a while ago I've tried to send a friend of mine a payment though paypal. For some reason it didn't seem to work so he cancelled the gift cards I send him. Knowing PayPal it takes quite some time for a cancelled payment to be send back to my account. But even now more then 2 month later I still have not received my money back. Is there any way that this can be resolved?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hi rnoldHoogmoed,

Welcome to the PayPal community and what a great question to start with.

Refunds are credited back to the original funding source of the payment. If you paid using a credit card, it will go back to the credit card, if you paid using funds from your bank account, it will go to your PayPal account.

I would advise you to check your transaction history of your PayPal account to see if the refund was listed there, if it went back to your PayPal balance, you may have used it for another transaction

If you cannot locate it there, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.