Receipt for a refund returned to my PayPal balance that was never received

algulk
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled a payment on 3/3/2018 and was immediately issued a receipt that the money had been returned to my PayPal balance.

It is 3 days later and the money is still not there.

I've called twice and both times, the "customer service" rep gave me a completely different story.

Each time they said I would receive an email, as I had been requesting an email to confirm the cancelled payment since the cancellation on Saturday.

Both reps said they would send an email, neither did.

How were you able to take my money so quickly when it had been sent to a phone # that wasn't even registered and it's been 4 days, yet no one can tell me WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH MY MONEY OR WHY YOU'VE GIVEN ME A TRANSACTION NUMBER FOR A TRANSACTION THAT NEVER TOOK PLACE. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@algulk

This is NOT paypal customer services, its a user to user advice forum.

We give up our time to help on here so asking nicely may get you a response.

How did you FUND the Paypal payment to the seller that was refunded in the first place, was it bank transfer OR a debit or credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

algulk
Contributor
Contributor

so people volunteer their time to help users of this service? Do you not think your energy would be better spent warning people against using it to begin with? I'm just trying to get my money back. Please oh please kind Sir I attempted to send money to a phone number that was not registered, PayPal took the money directly out of my bank account, issued a transaction number and tells me the money has been returned to my paypal balance, which of course, it has not. 

Thank you soooooo much. I am sooooooo grateful. Cookies. Candy. Kisses. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@algulk

This is a COMMUNITY FORUM and yes I give up my time on here to help fellow users, just like Ebay does on its forum.

But if you want me to just tell you to not use Paypal and not give you any help, then thats absolutely fine.

Good luck, bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.