Conflicting messages from PayPal

stuubedoo
New Community Member

Good morning.

I was issued a PayPal refund by an eBay seller on the 13th, it was marked on my PayPal account as "pending" and "funds will be available on the 14th".  Nothing further happened until the 19th when received an e-mail from PayPal saying that the refund has been completed and the funds are now reflected in my account balance, which they are not.  Going into my account history, the refund is marked as pending dated the 19th (this must have been done around the time that the e-mail was sent).

When I e-mailed customer services I got an automated reply within seconds which did not resolve or explain anything to my satisfaction.

I have had refunds in the recent past and they have always been completed within 2 days.  This is the first transaction I have had an issue with in over 15 years.  It's not as if the seller is new, either.

Now, well into the second week, I'm still waiting for my refund so that I can spend it elsewhere and I can't get any answer from PayPal other than automated drivvel.

Thoughts please, community??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

stuubedoo
New Community Member

This is really spooky.........  While I was typing that ^^^ post, I was constantly checking my account summary.  As soon as I hit "post" & refreshed my account summary, the refund completed!

It still doesn't answer why it took over a week for the refund to complete.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.