Help - May have bought a Fake Zara dress - Depop

Daniellexc
New Community Member

So the really popular Zara embroidered black dress was being sold on Depop. I paid £57 pounds for it. it arrived and even though its an XS it's like a tent on me. And after a bit of research and asking people I knew who had bought the dress themselves in an actual Zara store, from comparing the two, I think I've been duped and sold a fake. So, I messaged the buyer and asked for a refund/return and even offered to cover any delivery costs, and she flat out refused (then oh so sneakily added "no returns" to her profile). When I questioned her about the dress, and that the label was a bit off from usual Zara clothes/dresses, (and very different from my friends dress) she said she bought it in Tenerife, and that it was still "Zara". I've raised a dispute with Depop and I paid through Depops instant payment thing with PayPal - but honestly will I get my money back? otherwise i'm £57 down and with a fake dress that would be totally immoral for me to sell on. 😞

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Daniellexc,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

If you have received an item that was not as described please open a dispute on the PayPal website. - http://ow.ly/YAJlo                         

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.