Unauthorised payment to renfe.es

vstokic

Hello everyone,

Yesterday around 1PM UTC someone used my PayPal account to buy  train tickets on www.renfe.es. In 13 minutes they made 4 transactions charging my account for more then 400 euros. I've managed to block my credit cards and prevented more damage.

I received email from Renfe for every transaction with train ticket attacked as PDF.  I've opened dispute on PayPal Resolutio center for all those transactions. Interesting is that I've received 3 more emails from Renfe in the evening stating that I bought 3 more tickets (I've changed my PayPal password immediately after blocking my credit cards). Since my bank account is blocked I wasn't charged for that. I've sent email to Renfe ( to some emails that I could find, but on there website there are not much information) but I am not shure if enyone will read that.

I have to emphasize that I am very careful online:

- no one knows my passwords

- I have antivirus software on my computer

- I never use public WiFi for online shopping

- I never save/keep my passwords in Web Browser

Do you have any advice for me?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi vstokic,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

We are very sorry to hear this. Please make sure you contact us to report the unauthorised transactions and we can go through security updates with you.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.