Temporary Hold placed on my refund!!!!

slhixsons
New Community Member

So I'm guessing that the problem that I am having with getting my refund put back into my paypal account is happening to a lot of others!!!!! I purchased a pair of shoes from ebay on the 16th. On the 19th the seller contacted me and said that one of the shoes was damaged so she was going to refund the money. I told her to refund the money on the 19th, and she did. That's not the problem.....the problem is.....It is exactly 4 days till Christmas and I need to order another pair of shoes, but until paypal takes the temporary hold off of my refund I won't have the money to purchase another pair of shoes!!!!!!! If paypal can front the money to the seller in order to get them paid in a timely manner, then they should be able to front the money to me, so that I can order another pair of shoes!!!!! This is the first and last time I will ever attempt to purchase something as a Christmas gift over the internet using paypal!!!!!  This has been an awful experience!!!!!  

Login to Me Too
290 REPLIES 290

SuperMoto
New Community Member

A previous post suggests that it has something to do with the type of payment.  However, a debit card was used for payment in my case.  Accordingly, the money was drawn from my account within 24 hours or less.  A refund request was honored and processed immediately on June 30th by the seller.  Curiously and unfortunately enough, PayPal placed a temporary hold on the refund.  Having said all that, PayPal's unsavory turn around time to process refunds has absolutely nothing to do with the type of card you use...  credit or debit.

Login to Me Too

toria2
New Community Member

hold my place for refund please

Login to Me Too

JerryA21
Contributor
Contributor

well olivia thats the beauty of debit cards and online banking transfers their instantaneously faster than greg and ive used my debit without paypal the seller gave me a refund  the money was not held for days from me it was instantly put back in my account im never using paypal again you just lost a customer

Login to Me Too

inuyasha_demon
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I'm done with Paypal because they are doing the same thing. My hold is removed, and has been removed since the 26th of November 

Login to Me Too

MiaSara
New Community Member

Olivia,

Thank you for explaining that in laymans terms.  Now it makes sense to me. 

Login to Me Too

rainwater4805
Contributor
Contributor

I agree 100%!Smiley Wink I been waiting now for 6 days or 5 business days and my bank is open 7 days a week so mine is fast clearing money or depositing money into your acct online.

Login to Me Too

brianSwisher
Contributor
Contributor

Please re-evaluate your statement regarding the true reason that pay pal exists (and all other businesses)

Companies are in business to make a Profit...... i.e.   Earn Cash

Login to Me Too

slvr_mst
Contributor
Contributor

I used my paypal android app to request money and they sent it instead! It said completed in the status bar so paypal claimed they couldn't do anything about it! They stole, they should cancel it!! I was able to contact my customer and she refunded me the money that paypal stole but they now have a temporary hold on my money. It was an instant transfer that was removed from my bank within 24 hours. It needs to be refunded within 24 hours! This 6 days s*** is just that, s*** My customer stated that she also made a payment but it hasn't appeared in my account yet and its been 4 days! These people are thieves and as soon as my money is mine, I will be closing my account. I have purchased a credit card processing machine and will NOT be using paypal again!

Login to Me Too

o0SnowDrop0o
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund about 5 days ago from a seller. The temporary hold for the refund cleared today. I got this e-mail:

"This email confirms that the Pending Refund you received for $49.00 CAD from a...@....com has cleared. The funds are now reflected in your PayPal balance." 

Yet this money has not shown up in my PayPal balance. The transaction status on the summary page says "refunded" but on the details page it says:

Jun 11, 2011Refund Completed $49.00 CAD 
 Jun 15, 2011Temporary Hold Placed -$49.00 CAD 

Why is there a new hold on my funds? I needed this money to make a payment today. Why the **bleep** does PayPal think it can hold on to my money for no reason??

Login to Me Too

o0SnowDrop0o
Contributor
Contributor

Oh and, it was funded by an instant transfer through my bank account, so the issue is not that it has gone back to my credit card instead of PayPal balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.