Temporary Hold placed on my refund!!!!

slhixsons
New Community Member

So I'm guessing that the problem that I am having with getting my refund put back into my paypal account is happening to a lot of others!!!!! I purchased a pair of shoes from ebay on the 16th. On the 19th the seller contacted me and said that one of the shoes was damaged so she was going to refund the money. I told her to refund the money on the 19th, and she did. That's not the problem.....the problem is.....It is exactly 4 days till Christmas and I need to order another pair of shoes, but until paypal takes the temporary hold off of my refund I won't have the money to purchase another pair of shoes!!!!!!! If paypal can front the money to the seller in order to get them paid in a timely manner, then they should be able to front the money to me, so that I can order another pair of shoes!!!!! This is the first and last time I will ever attempt to purchase something as a Christmas gift over the internet using paypal!!!!!  This has been an awful experience!!!!!  

Login to Me Too
290 REPLIES 290

o0SnowDrop0o
Contributor
Contributor

Details for the "temporary hold" AFTER the completed refund: 

Subject: 
You have sent $49.00 CAD to PayPal with PayPal

Um, what?

Login to Me Too

Bobpie
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue; A seller listed the wrong price for an item and sent me a refund, but my balance remains at 0.00$ even after the refund has cleared.  I also checked my bank account and it was not refunded either.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

o0SnowDrop0o & Bobpie,

Welcome!

If the funds for the orignal transaction are still processing from your bank, it will place a temporary hold on the refund.

You can check this information under your transaction details for each transaction. 

Hope this helps,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Bobpie
Contributor
Contributor

My bank had finished the transaction, yet I still don't have the refund; I think a picture will help describe my problem better then anything I could say.Help.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you for providing the additional information. 

It looks like the original transaction was initiated on 6/13.  You will actually see completed on your side for the bank, however it still takes 3-5 business days to hit the PayPal account. 

Once the funds process in, the hold will release. 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Bobpie
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to say, as of today I have yet to recieve my refund; and nothing has changed from the picture I posted earlier.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Bobpie,

I wanted to check in to see if there was an update on your refund? 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

DMENACE52
New Community Member

I am really confused  when I buy it comes off my credit card when I sell the $ stays on paypal acct? why does it not go as a credit on my credit card (funding source)   help me understand    it has been 11 days since the item I sold on e bay cleared paypal and was put as a balance(positive) on my pay pal acct but does not show up on my credit card    sigh......... Dennis

Login to Me Too

Mr-Sleeper-34

So did your money ever fully refund? It's been 3 days for me and it hasn't cleared yet :/.

Login to Me Too

o0SnowDrop0o
Contributor
Contributor

It did eventually clear, but it's the same thing every time someone issues a refund. I'm currently waiting on a refund from a week and a half ago... the money cleared from my bank account over a week ago and it says the refund is complete but "PayPal has placed a temporary hold on the funds while they review the refund." Same thing every time, for everyone who pays with debit. Complete crap.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.