Refunds on creditcards - how long is the wait and why cant i see any history of it?

jc3326

I recently returned an item back to the seller for a full refund. I bought the item on Ebay using Paypal. Once the seller received the item, he then refunded my money back to paypal because thats what I used to buy the item. Paypal then sent me an email stating that the seller has given me my full refund. I logged in to my paypal account but I dont see any history or activity or transactions being done to show that my money has been refunded. I didnt use a paypal balance to pay for my purchase, I used a creditcard. I know that the money will be refunded back to my card rather than to my paypal account, but I want to know why I can't see some sort of activity/history being done or proof to show that paypal acknowledge the refund from seller. Shouldnt paypal have some sort of alert to tell me that a refund has recently been issused? I have zero alerts, and zero history in my transactions. I dont get it, and again I know that the credit card will be the thing being credited, but since I used Paypal to buy the item, shouldnt paypal have some sort of acknowledgement to show that a refund has been done?

But anyways, how long does it take for my bank statement to change? Whats the avarege time till my refund appears on my bank statement?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.