You still need to claim your money from XXXXXXX

mauls
New Community Member

A guy on amazon has sent me money for an underpaid shipping fee.  I keep receiving emails in my inbox saying:

You still need to claim your money from XXX XXX

Hello xxx xxx,

This is a reminder that a payment of $x.xx USD from xxx xxx is still waiting for you.

Image Blocked

We'll automatically cancel this payment and return the money to XXX XXX's account on Aug. 18, 2010, so you should claim it as soon as possible.

Claim Your Money Now

Button not working?

To claim your money, sign up for an account using this email address: xxxxx.xxx If you already have PayPal account, just add this email address to it.

When that's done - and you've confirmed your email address - this payment will show up in your PayPal account.

I keep logging into my account but do not see any funds waiting for me.

Any Idea's?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

evelez
New Community Member

i am currently having this same problem. anyone know how to solve it?

Login to Me Too

Peachtreeful
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same problem...They keep saying my Bank is not registered w/them and I keep registering with them by bank account number.

Login to Me Too

classykassy
Contributor
Contributor

I also received a communique that says someone has started processing a payment to me for an Ebay item and all I have to do is CLAIM YOUR PAYMENT.  I'm thinking that it must take more than a day or two to "process" the payment before it can be claimed.  I'm certainly not mailing anything out until I get the money.  However, my Ebay account shows it as paid already even though I haven't received the money via PayPal.  What's up with that? 

Login to Me Too

giftoffame
Contributor
Contributor

I see others are having this problem.. Since it is next to impossible to get them on the phone and they do not respond to emails about the problem, is there a solution? Has anyone had any success with this?

We don't have this problem with all payments, so our account is recognized. I wonder were the money is?

Login to Me Too

cher120876
New Community Member

I am having a similar problem.  I received a payment, at the time it was sent my email was unverified.  It says all I have to do is verify the email, but even now that its verified I still don't see the $$ in my account?  Anyone else have this problem that they were able to resolve that can give me some insight?

Login to Me Too

Sims335
Contributor
Contributor

I also am having the same problem. I shipped an item to Spain, and I thought I had been paid. Well, turns out I can't claim my money. Looks as though PayPal is having issues, again. I really dislike using PayPal. I feel as though all the risk is on the seller, the buyers can do anything they want.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi all,

The email you've received looks like it could be a phishing attempt designed to get you to divulge your financial information. There is not a payment waiting for you, which you were able to confirm by logging into your PayPal account. Hovering over the link in the email, you can see that it goes somewhere other than PayPal.

Change your password on your PayPal account, and any accounts that you "logged in to" as a result of clicking on that link.

If you gave any bank or credit card information after clicking those links, call your financial institutions to get your account numbers changed. Run a virus scan on your computer in case clicking the link introduced any malware into your computer. Once the virus scan is complete, change your passwords on your accounts again.

If ever you have a doubt about the validity of an email, you can send it to spoof@paypal.com, and you can always check your PayPal account by typing PayPal.com into your browser and logging directly in. If you don't see the payment there at all, the email is likely a fake.

One thing though - if the email address the email specifies is not registered to your PayPal account, it could be an actual email telling you to add and confirm the email address in question to your account so you can claim the payment. You can do that through the Profile subheading in your PayPal account. Try adding and confirming the email address and see if the payment appears. If it does, then you can disregard the above steps!

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

garboflo
New Community Member

Hello...I had this problem too. Found out it was related to my having changed my email address. I changed it in paypal, but I didn't leave a copy of the old one in there, so when people were trying to pay me, it wasn't going thru b/c they were paying to the old address. So all I did was go back to the "change your email," put the old one back while keeping the new one as "primary," & the money was immediately there. Hope this helps. I read in Paypal's tutorials that when this sort of problem crops up, it's usually related to an email problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.