Notification time

Rammbro
New Community Member

How long before a customer pays via Paypal, should an email be sent to me? it has been 3 days since the customer ordered and paid, yet I have no notification, nor funds in the account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

gtye
New Community Member

I am having the same problem,  My buyer sent me a payment and I haven't recieved a email or the payment.  I was on the phone with him when he made the payment.  Why is this taking so long?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Rammbro and gtye,

Welcome to the community!

If you do not have a payment in your Transaction history, then you have not been paid through that PayPal account. Do you have another email address associated with that listing? Is it possible that the email address was misspelled? If the email address was misspelled in the listing, you would not receive the notification email to a different address.

If you go back to the listing and click to sell a similar item (don't complete the process, this is strictly for checking the settings of the listing), you can scroll about halfway to two-thirds of the way down the page and see what email address you specified for the listing. If it is incorrect, you can ask the buyer to resend payment to the correct email address.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Tolkienesque

Ditto!  But first I noticed on Oct. 1 that the subject of my last successful notification had changed... and only said "Notification of payment received" instead of the usual "Item ######## - Notification of Payment Received from Customer Name (email at email.com)".

I emailed customer service but got a rather generic response pointing me to "Website Payments Standard" merchant service, "Learn More" about "Back-end integration".  Etc..  But I'm just using the standard integration, soooo..

Anyway, I saw people complaining about not getting emailed notifications last Aug. (2009) so it sounds like PayPal periodically may have problems with this.. busy mail server possibly?  Some people started getting emailed again after awhile.

Only thing I changed on my account was I deleted an old outdated email address I had still on the account, but even though it was similar to my current one (same domain) it hadn't been set as my primary email so I don't think they were somehow sending to that one and now can't cuz I removed it.  Who knows.. maybe I'll make a fake purchase so I can see if it's working again yet.  It's been 2 days since the payments, and still no notification.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.