No Fairness: PayPal ALWAYS sides with the buyer

LoganS
Contributor
Contributor

After all, their tagline is 'the safest way to *pay*"  Not get paid... 

Will someone at PP please explain to me the fairness/justice of the following situation:?????

I have an almost 10 year history on Ebay with 100% positive feedback and have run a LOT of money thru PP

In November '11 I sold a Nikon lens on Ebay. (to a Pawn broker who no doubt wanted to resell it) 

All my Ebay transaction details say that I will refund $ if I'm notified within 3 days of a problem.  

The buyer of the lens notifies me almost 3 weeks after receiving the lens saying the lens is 'not as described' and makes several speculations about what is wrong with it.  No proof, just speculation. I only described it as great condition and very sharp.

I explain to him my situation and that the lens had been in use and the only reason I was selling it was that I was switching to Canon.  I also explained that the lens had been out of my hands for such a long period that I could no long vouch for it's quality when reselling it.

Of Course he EXPLODED with an all caps email full of accusations and vitriol and took his case to PayPal.  

I presented my case to PP including his nasty email and heard nothing for over 5 weeks!

My PP account was subsequently locked for the entire time with big red negative balance numbers. AKA "Guilty until proven innocent"

Yesterday I was  presented with, from PayPal, a simple message:  We've received tracking information from the buyer for the return of the item and if you don't notify us that it was returned, we're going to see if it was, via the tracking #, and if so, take the money from you.  No provision for any error in any part of the process, just if UPS says they delivered it to anyone...you lose your money.

I now have no recourse for anything.  This buyer could have played hockey with the lens or even send me a rock in a box and PayPal will simply *TAKE MY MONEY* if they think I got this box.

This of course means that NOTHING that you write in your ebay listing means anything if you're using PP to get paid.

Where is the fairness?  PayPal?  

All beware that if you're a seller, you are NOT protected for ANYTHING except non receipt of the item.,,, and BTW, for a non receipt of item:  if you don't have every single piece of documentation the way PP *thinks* you should have it, you will not be protected either.  I once sent something back to Australia via USPS registered and PP denied my claim because I didn't send it via FedEx (at an exorbitant price).

I doubt this will even make it on the forum because of all the facts in it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.