cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable free trial on subscription creation?

Options
Go to solution
kenansd
Contributor
Posted on
By default we have created a plan that contains a 7 day free trial. However in some cases we do not want to provide the free trial, for example if the user has already used the free trial during a previous subscription. What is the best way to implement this use case on the creation of a new subscription? The create subscription API, https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/subscriptions/v1/#subscriptions_create provides the ability to override the plan. However in our testing, it was not clear that we could remove a billing_cycle in this way. An alternate solution we are considering is creating two plans, one with a trial and one without, however this adds some additional complexity and maintenance. Is there a way to override a subscription plan to disable or enable the free trial step?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Options
Go to solution
MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee

Hi @kenansd 

Unfortunately, it sounds like creating another plan would be your best bet for this scenario. There isn't really a way to "toggle" a trial off for a given plan. In that case, it should just be easier to pass a different plan ID in the creation call.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Options
Go to solution
MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee

Hi @kenansd 

Unfortunately, it sounds like creating another plan would be your best bet for this scenario. There isn't really a way to "toggle" a trial off for a given plan. In that case, it should just be easier to pass a different plan ID in the creation call.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

Options
Go to solution
kenansd
Contributor

Thanks @MTS-Aaron Any suggestions for my other posts? It is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.