About the workflow of seller onboarding and payment in the context of full stack development

ycl2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

This is my first time using Paypal API as a payment gateway in my full stack web project and I am not sure the common practice of implementing the Paypal Commerce Platform.

Here are the confusions I have currently:

1. As the access token (the one you need to retrieve through sending GET request with client ID and secret) will expire at a given time, is it a common practice to retrieve a new access token every time before a user attempts to onboards? If so, how is it commonly implemented?
  2. I am using React as frontend, is it correct and safe to directly send POST request to the seller onboard API from React? or should I send the POST request to my server, and during that POST request, fire another POST request to the seller onboard API?
  3. After the seller completed the onboard procedure, do I store his details such as merchant_id and tracking_id in the database for future payment use? I am asking this because during sending POST request to create order, the payee field has to be filled with the seller merchant id or his email address. I am not sure if storing that information in database is a correct practice, or Paypal has another API for such that i am not aware of.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.