Sandbox REST APP platform type creation is not providing country of my business residency

jnex-fs
Contributor
Contributor

Dear community,

we are a business account and want to use platform capabilities (multiparty) in the Sandbox environment. While doing so, couple of issues arose:

Context:
Our country of residency is Germany (DE).

1. Default Application not of platform type

Issue:

The Default Application is not of platform type and hence, we can't use it for seller onboarding.

Note: The sandbox business accounts created have the co

Question:
Is there a possibility to change the type of the default application to be of platform?
If yes, how can we achieve that?

2. New platform REST APP creation doesn't provide Germany (DE) as default county

Issue:

As another solution, we wanted to create a new APP of type platform (to adhere our different development environments).

When doing so, the country selection only provides a very limited list of countries:

• Australia
  • Canada
  • France
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

As changing the country afterwards for the automatically created sandbox platform business account is not allowed, (and other subsequent implications as interface language, company information for users) the country stays e.g. in France.

This breaks our testing as well as interferes with the our staff training.

Please see the attached screenshot for its UI representation.

pp-sb-app-creation-countries.png

Question:

How can we create a platform app with Germany (DE) as the default country?

Thanks a lot for helping us out here and best regards,

f

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Platform REST applications are not available for Germany.

You would only need to create a merchant REST application and follow the integration guide for pay upon invoice (PUI)

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/apm/pay-upon-invoice/integrate-pui-merchant/

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

jnex-fs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin,

thanks for the reply, though it brings up different questions from my end 😉

When you state that Platform REST applications are not available in Germany, do you mean that:

- The whole concept of platform REST applications is not available at all in Germany?

or

- Only in the Sandbox, there are no platform REST application in Germany?

An absolute requirement for us is to use platform fees in order not to get in control of funds of our sellers.

As the business sales/customer service as well as the documentation states, platform fees are only available in merchant platforms and why we chose that solution.

To the approach of using PayUponInvoice, we distribute sellers digital goods (no physical goods) as a global B2B model, not only in Germany. So the KYC as well as direct capture and routing of funds is key to our model and PUI is not valid for digital goods.

Thanks again for your effort and looking forward to you replies.

Best regards,

felix

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"The whole concept of platform REST applications is not available at all in Germany?"

They are available only to selected PayPal partners, such as shopping cart vendors.

For PayPal Checkout (standard & advanced) and Pay Upon Invoice, only a merchant REST application is required to use these products.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.