Pay in 4 trouble need help, am confused

flowtter
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I purchased something on the 26th using pay in 4 but I was charged an authorization charge to be approved and also I was charged another authorization charge when I purchased item Using pay in 4. The payment up front was not placed into the first payment. Because paypal still told me that the first payment is due after I purchased the item. Now am stuck with 2 pending authorization since the 26th even through the purchase from the store went through. The store has their money. Is this normal for pay in 4?Will the 2 pending authorization holds be dropped soon and the my money can stop being held hostaged. I can't seem to find an answer to this being normal for the service. All I seen people questioning the same thing. It anxiety-inducing and frustrating. This service was nothing like I thought it was going to be.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @flowtter

Thanks for the post!

I'm sorry to hear that your Pay in 4 transaction hasn't turned out as expected. I recommend contacting Customer Support for assistance on this. You can reach Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. Support is also available through Facebook private message or Twitter direct message.

I hope your payments are fixed soon!

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

flowtter
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, Well I did notice today the authorization holds were cancelled and it says it was being refunded to my card. Any idea how long it will take for my money to get back on my debit card? I hope it comes quickly so I can pay off those pay in 4 payments.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hi @flowtter

I'm glad to hear that the authorizations were cancelled. The refunds would have automatically been sent back to your card. Most card holders reflect refunds in your balance within three to five business days. However, some can take up to 30 days. 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.