PayPal Working Capital/ Zettle

Colordiva
Contributor
Contributor

Is PayPal/Zettle working on a way for merchants who process payments in person with a card reader to qualify for a PayPal Working Capital Loan?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Colordiva,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! To know more about PayPal Working Capital, please take a look at this help center article link which would give you an idea of how its works and how to apply it.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Colordiva
Contributor
Contributor
That article has nothing to do with the fact that Zettle by PayPal payments I receive as a merchant are not considered when applying for a PayPal working capital loan. I have had several working Capital loans while using PayPal Here card reader. Paypal should have figured this out before launching Zettle by PayPal
Login to Me Too

twiley
Contributor
Contributor
I agree! Ridiculous
Login to Me Too

JayDub57
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem.  Called twice now, second time told they do plan to use Zettle to support WC loans but no clue when.  First person I spoke with had no information.  Second person told me yes, they were, but no date when.  I had no idea this was going on for so long with others! We really counted on reapplying now too.  This should have been in the works long ago.

Login to Me Too

Kriscendo1963
Contributor
Contributor
So heard from working capital today and they say the rollout will be in September. Will see
Login to Me Too

Wa6
Contributor
Contributor
We will see
Login to Me Too

Temp20230911x
Contributor
Contributor

I’ll believe it when I see it. I talked to them today and they have no idea. I don’t think it’s really being worked on. PayPal has stopped responding to these comments.

Login to Me Too

Bigdaddy20
Contributor
Contributor
You say that they told you that it would be in September but everytime I call them they tell they don't know anything
Login to Me Too

davoaxoim
Contributor
Contributor

I've been dealing with this since October and have seen posts about the issue dating back to February 2022. So they have known this was an issue for at least 14 months. Also, even though we would qualify with just our online sales, the loan has still been denied because it sees Zettle as a third party. I was told when I switch to Zettle in June that it wouldn't cause an issue with my PPWC loan or any other future loans but clearly, that wasn't the case. They kept their reps in the dark on the issue to get more customers to switch to Zettle. 

DaVo
Axiom Body Piercing
AxiomPiercing.com
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.