PayPal World card decrease

Mater2021
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I have the PayPal World card thru Synchrony. I have never been late making a payment, never missed a payment, paid off my card several times. My PayPal account is also in good standing. I received an email from World yesterday, and they lowered my credit limit! I called to verify, thinking it was a mistake. Has anyone else here had this happen? Not only have I lost my higher credit limit, but because of this action my credit score dipped quite a bit. I'm very confused and to be honest very angry. When I called I kept getting the same canned response, but no true explanation. Anyone else? Thanks
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

renivonbifamo
Contributor
Contributor

What art of world card ?

Login to Me Too

texasgirly0705
New Community Member
Happened to me today. Happened to my mom a few years ago. My guess is they aren’t making enough money off of us. I always pay it off before the interest kicks in. So I’m not use to them. They literally killed my credit score with this. So I’m canceling my card. 3rd card in 6 months to do this. Absolutely GROSS. I’m disgusted with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mater2021 and @texasgirly0705,  

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that your Synchrony World Mastercard limit has been decreased. I am sure that it's been frustrating for  that to happen!

For questions about a Synchrony branded card, please reach out directly to Synchrony Customer Service or call the number on the back of the card. For questions about a PayPal branded card, please reach out to the Customer service number on the back of the card. I'm sure that the appropriate team can answer your questions about your credit limit.

I hope this gets straightened out quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

NBrudy
New Community Member
I just received the same letter via email, I have been late during COVID but they kept my limit after paying off my account 3 different times, my credit account with them I had even longer and I am just as confused because everything I have ever purchased with the credit account was paid in full and once I got over the COVID hump I paid hundreds more at my due date because I found it best to pay it off in 2-3 lump sums. My most recent payment was made 11/18 although payment wasn't due, yet the $300 payment is still showing pending. I am going to pay this card off and get rid of it because just as you stated I have already seen a decline in my credit score due to this as well so if all of us do this they will learn to cherish their customers more, it's said when people need help with credit and we get it with a company like this ( giving us hope, causing us to give get reviews and word of mouth referrals), then they stab us in the back. If I had paid attention to the fine print I would never have gotten this card because it's hard enough to reach customer support and a have a dispute in side the US why would I need a world card. I am closing this credit once they decide to post the money and it's hard to find out which Synchrony Bank, there are multiple so going to the BBB won't be easy but I have started the process to find the right one.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.