Pay In 3 Option Gone Forever?

TheMightyDuck
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had two Pay In 3 transactions that were due on Monday. Sadly, they were deducted from my account an hour before I had sufficient monies, and unfortunately, neither transaction went through after I reattempted the transaction immediately, until two days after the due date.

Today, I attempted to use Pay In 3 with a merchant for whom it has always worked. The option was initially open, and I followed all the standard procedures to complete a Pay In 3 transaction, but I was confronted with the message "We're sorry, but the Pay In 3 transaction did not go through." The Pay In 3 option is now no longer accessible when I attempt a PayPal payment with any merchant, and I assume that this is because my previous transactions were past due. These are the only overdue payments I've had, but overall, does this imply that I will likely never again have the Pay in 3 option?

Cheers, 

Duck

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @TheMightyDuck,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I understand your concern about PayPal pay in 3 plan and I know this can be frustrating. Kindly note that Pay in 4 is not available for all merchants and products, only certain merchants and goods will offer this plan. Our system may also decide not to offer PayPal Pay in 3 as a payment option in certain circumstances, such as where our checks suggest an increased risk of fraud or where data we hold suggests you may not be eligible.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.