"receiving country does not support the transaction currency" message on checkout.

thesnaccbarr
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried everything I could think of to try and fix this situation, gone to hundreds of pages trying to see if there's tips to fixing this. And when i try to do so, the same message comes up on checkout. And I've checked my settings on my account on receiving payment and it's accepted all kinds of payments, yet the same message comes up on checkout. It's Really frustrating. Any Help or Tips?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @thesnaccbarr,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues sending funds to someone overseas. It sounds like there is either an account issue on the receivers side or the currency you're trying to send to them is not supported in their country. Can you advise what currency you're trying to send and what country the receiver resides in?

Thanks!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @thesnaccbarr,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues sending funds to someone overseas. It sounds like there is either an account issue on the receivers side or the currency you're trying to send to them is not supported in their country. Can you advise what currency you're trying to send and what country the receiver resides in?

Thanks!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

thesnaccbarr
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Jon, turns out I’ve figured it out. My website uses a currency that isn’t supported by PayPal so I’ve just got rid of PayPal as a payment method. Unless there’s a way to include PayPal as a payment method even though the currency I have on my website isn’t supported by it. Any tips?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @thesnaccbarr

We can see what options we have to help out. What currency are you referring to? 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

SasanaDigital
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Moderators and Contributors,

I did experienced this problem too with my Website Platform.

Our Platform Currency is Indonesian IDR and we are in Indonesia. Could you help us how to solve the problem? 

Login to Me Too

C2nessa
Contributor
Contributor
Hey guys, I'm a seller on shopify..Jamaican Currency in store..would I be able to receive payments via PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Ahmedsalim
My account is activated but when customers try to buy thought PayPal they get the message of receiving country does not support the currency transaction
Login to Me Too

PaperAddictTT
New Community Member
What about Trinidad and Tobago?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.