Why can't I use Pay Pal on eBay?

CaliforniaSure
Contributor
Contributor

I I was very upset to find and eBay no longer uses Pay Pal as a payment method.   Now, you must use a Credit Card.  Their new " payment management" system stinks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CaliforniaSure 

Really? That must be on ebay.com then because on ebay.uk you can still use paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi CaliforniaSure, eBay still accepts PayPal as a payment method.

Here is a link from eBay that confirms this: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/paying-paypal?id=4033

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

CaliforniaSure
Contributor
Contributor

The last  3 times I won and auction when I went to pay-----Pay Pal had vanished.   There was a little note by the Pay Pal logo.  It said: " looking for Pay Pal?"   It then told me that eBay had gone to a new payment system.  I could use Credit, Debit or G mail Pay.  They did say they "hoped" to have Pay Pal sometime in the future.  So confusing!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @CaliforniaSure,

That's very strange! Were they all from the same seller? I'm wondering if the seller is directing you to pay through their website, or if you're still in the eBay checkout.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.