Steam Failed Purchase Deducted Money

VulGiuS
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have encountered an issue while purchasing a game on steam. The first time I went to purchase it I received a fail message, so I went to try again and this time the purchase succeded. However, both times money was deducted from my credit card that is associated with paypal. There is no record of the first failed attempt at purchasing on paypal nor did I recieve an email from paypal like I received for the succesful purchase. I have contacted steam support already and they have confirmed on their end that the failed purchase wasn't charged by steam. So if anyone can clarify this for me I would appreciate it, is the money simply pending and will be returned to me or is it maybe a paypal issue ? Or maybe my bank is holding these funds ? Thank you in advance. Br, Stjepan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VulGiuS 

Its a temporary authorization which should expire on its own in a few days to no longer than 30 if the merchant can't capture the payment.

An order or authorization is an agreement between you and the merchant to purchase an item for a set amount, and PayPal doesn't have the ability to cancel that agreement.

Should the charge complete, then you can contact merchant to request a refund or report it to your funding source as the charge appears there and not on PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VulGiuS 

Its a temporary authorization which should expire on its own in a few days to no longer than 30 if the merchant can't capture the payment.

An order or authorization is an agreement between you and the merchant to purchase an item for a set amount, and PayPal doesn't have the ability to cancel that agreement.

Should the charge complete, then you can contact merchant to request a refund or report it to your funding source as the charge appears there and not on PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.