Paypal not working on Ebay checkout

1toffeestella2
New Community Member

Need to pay for a purchase on Ebay. Everytime I fillout the username and password the screen for that disappears and a new one pops up blank. Fill it out does it again.  

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

RWB2018
Contributor
Contributor

i have this problem too.

It works when I use EDGE instead of CHROME.

Login to Me Too

jtk3000
New Community Member

i got it to work only once with a browser called " brave " but after that time it dont work in brave anymore.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @1toffeestella2, @RWB2018, and @jtk3000,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to log in during an eBay checkout. Please check to make sure that you're not blocking any cookies or popups and that you have no other settings that might interfere with the transaction. Then please also clear the cookies and cache in your browser and restart it. If the problem persists after doing that, please reach out to customer service for further troubleshooting.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

RWB2018
Contributor
Contributor

I went into CHROME and cleared all cookies etc.  Exited CHROME. Reloaded CHROME and logged into ebay and tried to pay for an item. Same problem. EDGE still works. 

I have not changed any CHROME settings recently.

I'll try CUSTOMER SERVICE when I get a quiet moment.

As Ebay and PayPal tend to update their software on a Thursday night. I'll clear cookies etc on Edge and CHROME in the morning ad try again.

Login to Me Too

RWB2018
Contributor
Contributor

No good.

i cleared all cookies etc in both EDGE and CHROME. I couldn't get to Paypal from ebay on CHROME to pay for an item.

The ebay community is teling me that Paypal say the problem is with ebay.

Another problem has come to light after clearing all cookies and trying to log into paypal. It hangs on login. Refresh did not work so I reloaded the app and that went straight into my summary. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @RWB2018,

Is this only happening when going through the eBay checkout? Are you able to log in when bringing up PayPal.com and clicking to log in? If it is only in the eBay checkout, it sounds like the problem may well be with eBay's checkout implementation for the transactions you're trying to make.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

RWB2018
Contributor
Contributor

Only happens when usng Ebay Pay Now &  Checkout when logged in through the CHROME browser. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @RWB2018,

If your login through the PayPal website and other merchants' checkouts is working properly and the issue is limited to eBay purchases, please contact eBay customer service and explain that to them. They should be able to take your report and escalate it to their technicians for review.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

snafu2009
Contributor
Contributor

If you are using an adblocker try whitelisting paypal.com - this has worked for me and several other people who have had a problem paying for items on ebay in the last week or so.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.