PayPal Credit Refund is not shown, even though the credit was processed

DW19
New Community Member

I purchased a set of headphones (online) on 21st November 2019 using PayPal Credit. After a few hours of placing the order, the seller telephoned me to say that the item wasn't in stock and immediately processed a refund for the full amount paid.

The refund is reflected in both the ACTIVITY section and the PayPal Credit statement dated 3rd December. However, my PayPal Credit account still shows the purchase, but that it was made on 22nd November, a day after the actual purchase was made, and refunded.

How do I get this refund reflected in my PayPal Credit account? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DW19 

Please contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter (UK): @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DW19
New Community Member

Thanks for your reply.

I am afraid contacting via phone simply reads out the refunds, which as I have mentioned is NOT reflected in the PayPal Credit account, but are shown in the PayPal Credit statement dated 3rd December and when looking at the refunds on the ACTIVITY page. This is clearly an error on PayPal's part, so I either need to speak to a human or someone take this as an instruction to rectify the issue.

Alternatively please have someone email me using my PayPal address (paypal.me/mdw1963).

I don't have a Facebook account that I can post stuff, so this issue needs to be resolved using either email or telephone.

Any ideas as to how I can get in touch with someone via telephone or email? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.