"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

slideleft
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone having this issue with their website-"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."? Its been down all day, perhaps longer.

Jeff

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

tanstaekwondo
New Community Member

Same problem.  Solution worked fine.  Thanks

@claret1 wrote:

Hi, I figured out a fix for my site—the problem was, I had enabled EWP (Encrypted Website Payments) even though I was using WooCommerce for my site. It looks like you only need EWP if you are using a manual button (more info about EWP is in the link below). Hope this helps!

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/encryptedwebpay...

Login to Me Too

not_here

Please find the updated URL for this article can be found at https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/ts2067

Login to Me Too

not_here

Please find the updated URL for this article can be found at https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/ts2067

Login to Me Too

ampmboy
Contributor
Contributor

The given link is not working . Can anyone provide me the working link ?

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @ampmboy

You'll find the article is here. Please let me know if this link doesn't work for you.

Christina 

Login to Me Too

ampmboy
Contributor
Contributor
The article you have given in the link say more about the solution that the devloper of the web page can implement so that such doesn't seem while checking out on their website but I NEED THE SOLUTION THAT HELPS ME TO COMPLETE MY CHECKOUT PROCESS. Isn't there any solution to solve this case ? Please !
Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @ampmboy

Based on your integration there's multiple reasons that this could be happening and I would suggest submitting a ticket with our Technical Support team, who can provide you a solution. 

Christina 

Login to Me Too

eemeli

The link in the reply is no longer working. This seems to work: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/ts2067

Login to Me Too

FTS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

girishind
New Community Member

I THINK I FOUND THE SOLUTION.
AND THIS IS WHAT I WROTE INTO PAYPAL...

Hope this helps....

====

Thanks for getting back.
** Please do read this email in full length.

I copied the new code sent by you and used it, but the error still persists.
It says: "Things dont appear to be working right now.

OBSERVATION: I have figured out what the issue is. A huge number of other merchants are having the same issue due to which their sales have gone down too. You can check your forums regarding this issue.

Basically what happens is, that when we merchants use SHOPPING CART BUTTONS from paypal buy now buttons, only then we get this error.

So here is the thing:

Say my website: has 2 options: USD and GBP 

A client selects USD option and proceeds and lands on the paypal page (shopping cart page),
there he realizes that he wishes to add one more applicant OR wish to pay in GBP instead of USD or he simply clicks on continue shopping, goes back to the website and closes the website and revisits the website after say 1 week or so and this time he selects the other currency === Thats when this error comes.

Because Paypal shopping cart cannot process 2 currency types in one go.
Which absolutely makes sense.

However, the error message does NOT reflect the exact message OR the action that the user should take.
It should say something like: Delete your history/cache OR REMOVE all the orders from your cart, go back and select only 1 currency option to proceed/place your order with no glitches.

If you remember, 6 months ago, PayPal did let you place orders in 2 different types of currencies (however did not process it and move fwd).
It would give an error like: You cannot proceed with 2 different currency types. Please remove the alternate currency from your cart.

This gave the user/buyer a clear cut message as to what is going wrong, and decreased cart abandonment.

So this is such a basic issue, which a lot of merchants over paypal are not getting.
If the error message can be fixed and a clear cut approach is given to the user, then we merchants can save a lot of money and keep using PayPal as before.

I sincerely appreciate your effort and support in this matter throughout.

Looking forward to see if something can be done on these lines.

Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.