Having trouble making payment button for the customer on my website.

knightsarmore
Contributor
Contributor

I need to make a payment button for my website and have tried using the preset buttons and they have not worked or I am doing it wrong.

I need the button to allow the customer to input their name, the variable dollar amount, the box # or inv #, and then the payment button. I have tried a few different ways but can not seem to get it correct. I would need the code to install on my website. thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@knightsarmore 

Follow the steps carefully to create a buy now or pay now button with up to two (2) text fields. One for Name and one for box #/inv #.

https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/buy-now-step-1/

For the “variable price”, enter 0.00 into the price field so customer can enter the amount.

If shipping is not required, disable the shipping address required option in the Customize Advanced Features section.

If you want to do authorization and capture with this button, enter the variable, paymentaction=authorization into the advanced variable field, also in the Customize Advanced Features section. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.