paypal plus credit card info not showing up on paypal.com

karnor
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen where many others have had this same problem, but no one has gotten a fix.  I have been told by Paypal plus (GE Money) that it's not their problem -- Paypal.com has to fix it.  Paypal.com says it's not their problem, Paypal Plus Credit Card has to fix it.  One said that it's supposed be fixed on Oct 3rd and another says Oct 31st.  One said they've not heard there's a problem, another said that they've heard it's because paypal hasn't uploaded files they need to upload.  Everyone blames everyone else or says it's not a problem - yet we can't access our reward points, check for fraudulent activity, or pay on our balance. 

Doesn't *anyone* out there know what's going on and when it's going to be fixed? 

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

greenmachine2
Contributor
Contributor

Worst part of all is that this "nightmare" has blemished some peoples credit reports.

I pulled mine recently and it said closed account(lost or stolen card). Just 1 late payment

is enough to ding your credit rating.

I plan on paying off my full balance(around $300.00)next month via phone and not use the

card anymore, hopefully they will close it in the near future for "no activity."

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

You can bet I will join you with no activity.  I was a good customer of PayPal.  You don't dare cancel as that works against you.  Perhaps I should turn it in as being stolen....stolen by PayPal.  Seems like there would be a good lawyer out there willing to take on a class action suit.  I have missed plenty of points and probably will have  my credit record upset.  That should be worth something.  I laughed a while back but I am finding there really is a "Peggy" on the other end of the phone.

Login to Me Too

greenmachine2
Contributor
Contributor

They will get theirs in the end, KARMA is a **bleep**. So I get an email notifying me that my paypal

extras visa statement from GE Money is available online. Ok, so I login and nothing, as blank

and empty as a ghosttown in Arizona. At least in the email it told me my balance, my minimum

payment and due date.

So I guess they want everybody to pay by phone right? I am not going to request to close my

account like I did a couple of weeks ago. I am going to put the card in my freezer and to monitor

it I am going to call every other week just to make sure there are no unautorized charges, which

I highly doubt it since I have never used this card online or offline. The balance that I have now was

transferred over from my last card which I had requested closed.

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

You and I apparently got the same e-mail.   I really thought they had my problem fixed.  Nope, just another lie, this time in writing.  I was thankful that at least I had a balance to work with and the balance might even be correct.  For 4 months my balance was either not available via the phone or incorrect.  My card will eventually be put in the freezer too.  Perhaps I will call one more time and have customer service walk me through the process of looking at my statement online.  I will be willing to bet that I will get the same promise of "it will be fixed in 7 days"  The last two times I asked if they would mind me recording the conversation. The customer service representative said OK.  I might combine all the "7 days" together and play them back to the rep asking which 7 days applies.  I've got to add some humor to keep from losing my temper with the customer service representatives as I know it is not their fault.  I was looking back over all my call records and I found that my PayPal credit card problem began the last week of August, 2010. Four months of aggravation, four months of lost PayPal sales on eBay, four months of lost rewards, four months of 7 day promises......

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

I just made call number 14 (since August, 2010) to customer service.  It has been 7 days since I was last promised that the problem of my credit card not showing up on PayPal would be fixed.  Once again another 7 day promise was given.  The customer service agent told me she would personally make sure it was fixed by the end of this week. Any bets on this happening?  What that?....a snow ball chance in **bleep** of it happening this week. Buyer be ware when using your PayPal credit card.  First do not ever go to paperless billing!  Second, consider another more professional company for your credit card.  I am beginning to feel sorry for all of the customer service representative.  They must use the word "sorry"a least a dozen times when I call.  All this time I thought they were apologizing but it appears they were describing the card.  I can hardly wait to talk with "Peggy" to hear the rest of the story.  Bleep and bleep and bleep!

Login to Me Too

greenmachine2
Contributor
Contributor

The thing that I don't understand is why is their payment address a P.O. Box in Orlando, Florida.

So if you mail in your payment with a check you just don't know when it was received and or

credited to your account. A real credit card company/bank would have a real physical address

to send your payment to.

To me a P.O, Box is a way of hiding or avoiding something. Is it about the late payment fees?

They can say oh, sorry but we received your payment a day after the due date......where as if

you pay online it is INSTANT.

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

What do you know!  My PayPal credit card was suppose to be linked today so I can access it at PayPal.com.  My issues would all be resolved today. NOT!!!!!!!!  Another call to PayPal and another promise this time of 7-10 days.  Any bets? I just do not understand how a company like PayPal can be operated in such a non-professional manner.  All I want is to be able to see my credit card account on the internet.  I do not care if it is PayPal or GE Money Bank.  Nope, that has not happened since August, 2010.  Today I spent over an hour on the phone and was transferred to 3 different people.  The last lady assured me I would not have to call again as the problem would be fixed in 7-10 days. Hah, what a crock.  I will gladly buy her dinner if it happens.  At the moment, I really believe those in charge of PayPal must have their head up in a very dark place and simply do not know how to find the light.  In this case it will no doubt be a light of a train. I have never been so frustrated.

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

I am approaching day 7 of the last promised fix date.  Credit card is still not visible.  I am preparing for my 15th call since August to get another 7-10 day promise of a fix.  What a crock!  I guess I will have to learn Hindi to be able to communicate with those I talk with. This is totally rediculous. 

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

I have filed a complaint at http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Report/PayPal-Inc-210387  Time to start getting serious now.

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

Well 7 days has passed since the last 7 day promise.  Account is still not fixed.  I cannot use the card for eBay purchases, receive bonus points, or see my account on the web.  Filed complaint with the BBB and in the process of filling a complaint throught the Federal Trade Commission.  Beware of PayPal credit cards.   You will most likely regret getting one.  Oh, besides calls to customer service, I have also put my complaints in writing to:

PayPal Smar Connect, P.O. Box 981064, El Paso, TX  70009-1064.  Writing to date has been a waste of good paper and postage.  Buyer beware of the PalPal Credit Card unless you like to be given false promises and absolute lies. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.