Accepting a refunded payment from Singapore to a US account

Gypsy76
Contributor
Contributor
I sent a friends and family payment to my friend in Singapore in her currency by accident. I was charged a fee. If she refunds me, will the fee I paid also be refunded and are there any additional fees for refunding ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gypsy76 

The only time it is free for friends and family payments is when you pay with PayPal balance or bank account to/from PayPal accounts within the US.

Friends and family payments that cross borders (intl) there will be fees of some kind regardless of payment method.

When you send money to a friend or family member who has a PayPal account, one of two things may happen: they may accept or decline the money. If they decline to accept the money, the money (including any fees you were charged) will be refunded.

If payment was accepted and later refunded, needless to say the fees won't be refunded.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gypsy76 

The only time it is free for friends and family payments is when you pay with PayPal balance or bank account to/from PayPal accounts within the US.

Friends and family payments that cross borders (intl) there will be fees of some kind regardless of payment method.

When you send money to a friend or family member who has a PayPal account, one of two things may happen: they may accept or decline the money. If they decline to accept the money, the money (including any fees you were charged) will be refunded.

If payment was accepted and later refunded, needless to say the fees won't be refunded.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.