Shareue website

AshburnVaMan
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else used the Shareue website from China?  It’s new and seems to be legitimate in most ways, but I cannot find anything on it elsewhere other than the <Removed> website which shows they are registered through GoDaddy. 

They ask a lot of personal questions (name, address, email, phone number) which I am worried to submit and then has a PayPal icon to pay which I am dubious of (I usually don’t need to provide the payment person info if i use PayPal). 

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

Jazz1954
Contributor
Contributor

It is a fraud!  I also got a fake tracking number.

Login to Me Too

Jazz1954
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately based on my experience, the only thing you will receive is a fake tracking number.

Login to Me Too

Jazz1954
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal even sent me a tracking number....that was not even for my home address.  PayPal then closed the dispute indicating that it was delivered.  Now I had to reopen the dispute.  The fraud was too smart even for PayPal!!

Login to Me Too

PrimeNumber
Contributor
Contributor
I finally got a refund. Here's what happened: I requested a refund once I realized the seller was scamming people. The seller provided tracking. The tracking said the item was delivered (I never got the item). PayPal ruled in the seller's favor. I think PayPal looks at the tracking number and sees that it was delivered to your zip code and that's it. That's why... I went to the post office to find out where the item was delivered to. The post office provided me with the proof I needed to go to PayPal, printed information of the tracking number's destination. The item was delivered in my zip code, but at a random house (I think the seller just sends an empty envelope or some junk mail or whatever and the random recipient throws it out). What I ordered should have weighed several pounds, but the post office information shows the item the seller sent weighed 1 ounce (I don't think this part matters, you just need the destination address). I uploaded it to PayPal and talked to them on the phone. They said that things should go in my favor, but initially they didn't. The seller resubmitted the same tracking number to PayPal and they accepted it (like I said, tracking number shows it was delivered and to my zip code). I think it's either automated or whatever person ruled on the case didn't do their job right. They didn't see the file I uploaded with proof of wrong address. So, I called them the day after and made it very clear to look at the document I gave them and that my address doesn't match. They ruled in my favor on the phone and sent me official emails. So, hopefully that's the end of it. I don't think the seller can do anything else at this point. I URGE everyone to do their best to get your money back from this site. You can win. Here's a summary of what I did: Went to the post office and got printed proof that the tracking number was delivered to a different address (I'm not sure if I got lucky. Perhaps the post office isn't supposed to do this). Took a picture. Uploaded that to PayPal (they explained how on the phone). That should be enough. If they don't rule in your favor, call again to make sure they realize the address the item was shipped to doesn't match yours. That's about it. Hopefully this helps you fight back. Also, I don't think it matters much if you say the site is a scam site or whatever. And don't speculate about what the seller is doing. I did that and it confused the person on the phone. Just give PayPal the facts. You can mention the scam stuff if you want, but be sure to make it clear that the main thing is your package went to a different house. The claim you want to file is item not received. I am not an expert, so any questions you have I probably can't answer. But this is what I did and it seems to have worked. Hopefully that's the end of it and the seller doesn't have any tricks up their sleeve.
Login to Me Too

Kt831
Contributor
Contributor
What information did you have to provide to your local post office in order to see where it was finally delivered? Were they able to use the China Post tracking number? My item is showing that it finally arrived in San Francisco but that's been days ago. I'm in Alabama. Hoping I can catch it once it goes to the post office to see what address they are showing to be delivered to. PayPal has told me there's nothing that can be done until I can prove it it was delivered to the wrong address. Thanks
Login to Me Too

MustangManiac
Contributor
Contributor
Im not sure. I was having mine sent to Coronado CA and I just checked and its showing Winston Salem, NC. I started a dispute and PayPal is contacting the seller. I'm guessing I have to follow that process before I can get my money back.
Login to Me Too

Aparatus9
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted my credit card company and went thru them because paypal just told me to wait , um no. I NEVER recieved anything and my cc company gave me my money back.
Login to Me Too

ross4msu
Contributor
Contributor
If you want an immediate response and refund, contact your credit card company. It's obvious that shareue.com is a scam by the high volume of customers ripped off. By now, PayPal realizes these scammers have concocted a way to circumvent the PayPal system to defraud consumers and ultimately PayPal itself. For PayPal to continue putting shareue.com victims through the wringer and making them jump through hoops to get a refund is unconscionable. PayPal was asleep at the switch and should have shutdown all shareue.com transactions when this scam first came to light. I notified PayPal a few days after my Black Friday transaction but was told I must wait until after my promised delivery date a month later before filing an official complaint. If action had been taken immediately, PayPal could have prevented additional scams and losses from taking place. Ultimately, it will be PayPal that will be forced to absorb the losses and chase after the scammers in China. I contacted Chase Visa and received an immediate refund. I don't have the time nor patience to wait for PayPal to take action after they ignored my initial notification and warning that shareue.com is a scam.
Login to Me Too

Jazz1954
Contributor
Contributor
I totally agree and thank you the great detail. I had the same experience. PayPal sees a tracking number and they rule in favor of the so-called “seller”. I had to fight as well but I prevailed. The scammers are outsmarting PayPal.
Login to Me Too

MustangManiac
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered from them and when I contacted PayPal customer support, they informed me that I do in fact have a package on the way from China and gave me the tracking number. I'm just waiting to see if it arrives. Hopefully it gets here before Christmas and it is what I ordered.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.