Return goods to buyer if worn for several days

Belgomedical
Contributor
Contributor

3 questions:

Situation: a buyer buys a (medical) inguinal hernia brief.

The seller's guidelines clearly state that according to their (national) law, the customer can not return hygienic products (that have been worn). As a gesture towards his clients (and in this Corona-times an exception), the seller allows to try the inguinal hernia brief the same day of arrival.

It the item does not fit (size, wrong measuring), the buyer must react the same day and send the goods back immediately for exchange or return (and refund).

1/ can a buyer wait -several days-or weeks- to return his product. In this case (and in the past) a lot of buyers have worn the intime underwear for several days, often not returned in good hygienic condition.

2/As the characteristics of the clothing does not admit appropriate care (only handwash is possible) above 30°C, the clothing can not be resold (as it is not longer hygienic).

Can a refund be denied in this case and how to proof  the buyer has worn the hygienic underwear (day of reception of product sufficient?)

3/In how many days a refund must be made (if an item is returned in a perfect state)

4/How about potential conflicting national law: a country does reject reselling of returned -worn- medical underwear. European laws are very strict concerning medical products (or hygienic underwear). I can not find the appropriate guidelines from Paypal regarding this matter.

Note: the guidelines for buyers is clearly stipulated on the website,including the exceptional permission to try the underwear only to see if it fits (or not).The buyer also had always to accept the sales conditions before purchasing the product.

Please answer -only- with the approriate guidelines (I looked for them but could not find answers to my specific questions)

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.