Possible scam from (removed by moderator)

Tudor3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i want to sell an engine to someone from another country. He payed me in advance in paypal. He sent the money but no money in my pocket. Emails confirmatilns are from upaypal.org. and if i want the order to be complete must pay 500 euro in bitcoin. That is a scam?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Alexadri
Contributor
Contributor
I ve got a whatsapp call from this Hans and he tried same scam with me
Login to Me Too

hulubei
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation here, just that the guy asked me lots of things about my product, then called me, talked on the phone, and when I received the scam email I told him "nice scam" and he continued to call me on Whats app or Face Time until I blocked him. All this took 2 days, crazy how much time he involved in this, he would probably be better selling legal stuff like life insurances for real companies because he is truly able to do so, he has the necessary skills. 

Login to Me Too

mangusta
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't have to block him, I think he blocked me! I bored him to death with a tone texting about boring stuff, without telling him I know what's going on.

Login to Me Too

Dre554
New Community Member

:)))))))

Login to Me Too

Dre554
New Community Member

Same scam to me. The person was named Kristina Butkovic, a woman from Croatia but who worked in Ohio, also had America number phone.

Login to Me Too

mangusta
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, just got messages from "her" too. But I think she realized I wasbon to "her".
Login to Me Too

meshteru77
New Community Member

The same Kristina <removed> contacted a friend of mine wanting to buy a product from him. This person sent a picture with a transfer of over 2000 EUR but was in a hurry to send my friend to pay some 400 EUR, transport fees, to a bitcoin ATM. As others said the email you receive is from upaypal.org and the phone number is US.

Hope it helps somebody!

Login to Me Too

Efhousley
Same here, i am also from romania and someone from germany working in usa wanted to buy my product i posted in olx.ro he sent me money which is not in my paypall accaunt and then i needed to pay 310€ shipping cost for nnr logistics company from one of the bitcoin atms. Fortunately i searched from the internet and paypall community hepled me .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.