Owed money

LudaMac
Contributor
Contributor
So I have a very big issue, I sold a product a very expensive product and the item had to be shipped so to assure that I would in fact get paid the buyer and myself used PayPal as our method of payment. So the buyer sent me a a request for a tracking number through PayPal and so when the request for the tracking number was made a pending payment for the requested price of the product showed up pending in my account. After I entered the tracking number through PayPals supposedly secure network the funds were then deposited into my account with a process time of 12-24hrs. Now I was unaware that there would be any hold on the funds so as soon as I was aware of the hold I immediately called PayPal support, I was connected to a PayPal support employee that assured me without a doubt that the funds would be made available after the 12-24hr period was up. Now I have several emails confirming all of the events mentioned above even an email confirming that the funds were deposited and made available after the 12-24 time was up. But the funds were never deposited the pending transaction had turned into a request made by me that I never made I tried to contact PayPal support several times after all this occurred and everytime I would navigate my way through the automated phone system and as soon as I was about to connect to a employee it would re-direct me to a automated recording saying that they were unable to address my issue and then I would be disconnected, day after day I would try and call or chat with PayPal support. Four days after the sale was made my account was closed and now I'm writing this post hoping someone will help me. Please anyone if you have any insight into my issue my name is Lucas.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LudaMac 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to wait 24-48 hours for a payment to SHOW in your paypal account as they are mostly instant, even if pending they would show in your paypal account.

Sounds as if you either spoke to a scam paypal telephone number or an agent that had no idea what they were talking about.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.