Online seller legitimacy

dinoscy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. I like to know from community members, whether the online seller Axialgeo is legitimate and safe to buy from them. Thank you for any responses!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Alecovch
Contributor
Contributor

This site is a scam. They offering to sell brand goods but send you some random junk. The trick is that they will offer you a refund after a return knowing that you will give up as sending their rubbish back will cost you more than you have paid. I paid for a 6-in-1 Black & Decker toolset and received a kids' set of screwdrivers.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dinoscy 

Check its not another of these and also its up to you to risk assess your own transactions as paypal buyer protection is not a 100% coverall.

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Alecovch
Contributor
Contributor

This site is a scam. They offering to sell brand goods but send you some random junk. The trick is that they will offer you a refund after a return knowing that you will give up as sending their rubbish back will cost you more than you have paid. I paid for a 6-in-1 Black & Decker toolset and received a kids' set of screwdrivers.

Login to Me Too

dinoscy
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much!
Login to Me Too

spook1958
New Community Member

I got scammed by a Chinese site, very similar.  https://www.pyongsang.com/products/video-game-console-game-emulator-console-pre-install-40000-games-...

They offer one product but supply a different product.  There are plenty of complaints about them to, but Paypal doesn't remove their payment privileges despite account holders making complaints and claims.  These Chinese scammers rely on Paypal moving slowly.

I have put in a claim, but all Paypal wants me to do is accept a partial refund.

I want to get in touch with Paypal and send the full explanation of what I have learnt about this "Bait and Switch" Scam including links etc, but there seems no way to do so once a claim is in motion.

I would never have purchased from the company if they didn't have Paypal Privileges.  I can't believe how long customers have been complaining to Paypal without any action.  It has taught me a lesson.  But I still need to find a way to send the additional links and product descriptions to Paypal so they have the full story.

Login to Me Too

Alecovch
Contributor
Contributor

I've had my comment marked as a solution here which is not quite. So my solution is: Do not use PayPal as they don't care if you get scammed. One more thing. To get your money back contact your credit card support and dispute your PayPal transaction with them.

Login to Me Too

BklynG369
Contributor
Contributor

I have had to rely on my credit card retrieving my money as PayPal does not give a damn whether or not you have been scammed! This is why I avoid PayPal if I can!!  

Login to Me Too

vitolier
Contributor
Contributor

Seems to happen to me. Ordered a lighting system produced in Sweden but not produced anymore. Located the product from a Chinese company at reduced price, noticed that PAYPAL listed as payment vehicle and assumed credible and verified supplier. Never received an order confirmation, placed a complaint with PayPal and was informed by PayPal that goods delivered by FEDEX indicating AWB trucking number. Following investigation with FEDEX tracking number correct, but delivery not to me and supplied out of France. A mystery as to how PayPal got this info from Chinese supplier.

Login to Me Too

Kath31

@kernowlass 

Here are couple more red flags for scam sellers:

8. Seller site ONLY accepts Paypal, no credit cards.

9. Seller site rounds purchase down to under $100 USD (must be a reason why? Paypal rules?)

Lastly, this is after the fact (won’t prevent a scam), but Seller sites many times do not work correctly—such as the return from Paypal to your order giving a confirmation number, expected ship date, etc. Seller email (from Paypal) does not come from the same domain as the website where purchase was executed! Additionally no order confirmation email!

If Paypal were truly interested in preventing scammers from using the site, there would be a transparent “scorecard” for each seller—number of years on Paypal, number of transactions, number of disputes (unresolved?), location of seller (country), etc.  I am sure that there are a few more items that could be on a scorecard.  I want to see this info BEFORE I execute a transaction!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kath31 

Good extra points however .....

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.