A Facebook advertiser ripped me off and Paypal escalations said would refund by has not

mgconslts
New Community Member

I was ripped off by a Facebook advertiser on a computer that was to cost $99.00.  The seller has not responded to countless messages from me for a confirmation of my order which I never received.  I saw online that others had similar experiences of getting ripped off by the same seller.  I would have thought Paypal would have antifraud tools in place and Facebook would have vetted its advertisers better.  I reached out to Paypal leadership about this after I wasn't getting anywhere with the Paypal bots.  A Paypal escalations team member called and said I would be refunded.  Somehow I was just refunded the difference between the amount I was charged ($113.85) which I did not charge and the $99.00.  Paypal closed my claim and all I could do was submit a claim for unauthorized use on my account online.  That got denied shortly thereafter I'm sure by a bot.  Emails to Paypal executives are not getting answers nor are Facebook messages on the PayPal's Facebook page or tweets to Paypal and Dan Schulman the CEO of Paypal.  Every so often I hear back from a Paypal bot to one of my Facebook postings which is generic and gets nowhere.  What can I do to get this resolved with Paypal?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.