Not sure how to use Paypal Goods and services, is it automatic unless you choose friends and family?

VinnyVall
New Community Member

I'm looking to buy something from a semi-sketchy character on the internet, and I'm concerned after paying that I won't receive the goods I pay for. I want to double/triple check how to send the funds through Goods and services to get the protection I need. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gelai0408
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, 

Thank you for reaching us thru Community Forum. There will be an option drop down when choosing how to send money. I included guidelines on how to send money for your reference

How do I send money?

With PayPal, you can send money or make a payment to anyone with an email address or mobile number.

From your computer, here’s how to send money:

1. Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
  2. Enter the name, email address or mobile number to whom you are sending money, then click Next.
  3. Enter the amount you want to send.
  4. Select either "Paying for an item or service" or "Sending to a friend."
  5. Select your shipping address if you're paying for an item or service.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Select how you want to pay, then click Next.
  8. Review the information on the screen and click Send Payments Now.

***If you're sending money to a friend or family member outside of the U.S., click Send to friends abroad.

*If you're sending money to a friend or family member, select Sending to a fr...

1. Tap Send Money.
    2. Enter the name, email or mobile number of the recipient.
    3. Select either Friends and Family or Goods and Services and click Next.
    4. Type the amount you'd like to send and click Next.

We’ll send the recipient an email to let them know that you sent them money. If they don’t have a PayPal account, we'll explain how to sign up for one. PayPal members must confirm their email address before the money can be credited to their PayPal account.

Once you send money, you are not able to cancel or reverse the transaction. Please check the details of this transaction carefully. If you need to request a refund, you may do so by contacting the person to whom you sent the money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VinnyVall 

Be very careful, paypals buyer protection is not a 100% cover for everything so your best bet is to read up on it and risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.