How can I keep my information safe while accepting donations on streams?

mokarichu
New Community Member

I recently became an affiliate on Twitch. When someone subscribes to me or donates, do they see my real name and address since the money goes to my PayPal account? If it does, how do I go about hiding that information so that total strangers can't see it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mokarichu 

Each party sees name and email address associated with PayPal account in the transaction details and email receipts.

When doing financial transactions online, there’s a basic minimum of info each party has a reasonable right to see.

That said, you can upgrade to or open a separate business account as “individual”  if you’re an unregistered business, to display a business name instead of account holder name. As donation recipient, a shipping address is not needed to accept donations, unless the transaction require shipping of physical items, so it isn’t provided to donor. In the PayPal link or button tool you are using to accept donations you can check the relevant settings.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.