Fees

DJH4
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Paypal for the first time for e-bay transactions and am being charges 4.9% per transaction.  I was expecting more like 3%

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DJH4 

Fees for ebay sales are on ebays site.

Fees for paypal payments are accessed via legal bottom right of any paypal page > user agreement (select your country from the drop down box) > fees. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DJH4 

Fees for ebay sales are on ebays site.

Fees for paypal payments are accessed via legal bottom right of any paypal page > user agreement (select your country from the drop down box) > fees. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DJH4
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass

Thank  you very much for your response and advice.  It appears to me that it states the fee I should be paying is 2.9% but I am paying 4.9% . And herein lies the problem, I am struggling to contact PayPal directly, all I get is the automated assistant! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@DJH4,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry for any confusion. The steps that @kernowlass gave for finding the fee structure should lead you to a page that outlines multiple types of fees. There may be cross border fees involved with the transaction in addition to the 2.9% base fee, or currency conversion fees, etc. Please review the page further to see if any of these apply. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Rogostar
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is the most difficult site I have experienced to navigate or get any human assistance. Every time I try to get any answers I spend an hour in circles. They design it to make it difficult.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.