Emails telling me someone has accessed my account

Kenchapman1966
New Community Member
I keep getting emails stating that someone has accessed my account from a firefox os. I keep getting the about every 2 weeks but i dont see anything suspicious. There is a button in email to reset my pw but im afraid this is a scam email..how do i know its legit email from paypal or someone trying to hack my account?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kenchapman1966 

It's phishing spam. Don't click on any links. If you log on to your account directly and see nothing is wrong, then the email is fake. Compare the sender email address on it to email address PayPal uses on an authentic PayPal email to see if they are the same. If not forward it to spoof@paypal.com

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kenchapman1966 

It's phishing spam. Don't click on any links. If you log on to your account directly and see nothing is wrong, then the email is fake. Compare the sender email address on it to email address PayPal uses on an authentic PayPal email to see if they are the same. If not forward it to spoof@paypal.com

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.