Call from Sychrony Bank

heatherkw
New Community Member

I just received a call from someone claiming to be from Synchony bank regarding paypal.  They asked me for my bday and to confirm my address.  Knowing that this could be a scam I refused to answer.  She gave me a 1-800 number I could call and verify if I wanted... anyone else had this happen?  I checked my paypal account and there doesn't seem to be any weird activity and I don't have a paypal credit card.  Not sure if I should just ignore it or what to do next.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snosister
Contributor
Contributor

This definitely sounds phishy.  I would ignore, or contact paypal directly to ask if there is an issue with my account.  but probably just ignore.  

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @heatherkw, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I must agree with @snosister as it sounds phishy. Though syncrony bank handles PayPal credit but if you didn't apply for one then the answer is yes, please ignore them. I also wanted to commend you for doing the right thing because logging into your PayPal account is the best way to understand if there's action waiting for you. Any kind of action or notification waiting for you is either displayed on the account summary page or you'll see a notification waiting for you in the bell icon that either directs you to the message in the Message Center or Resolution Center. Since there was nothing in your PayPal account someone was trying to scam you. I am glad that you are staying safe and taking the correct steps. ***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.