A phone number got added?!

Daniboo
Contributor
Contributor
This morning I received an email stating I had successfully added a phone number to my account. This wasn’t me and certainly wasn’t my phone number, the email came from service @ . com. I changed my password but I’m still worried about this, any advice on what I should do? Anyone else had this? Thanks
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daniboo 

And was there a number added or was it a spoof email?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Daniboo
Contributor
Contributor
It came from PayPal’s official email
Login to Me Too

Joshyboy20
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing and when i log in there is only my number under phone numbers, no sign of this other phone number that supposedly got added that i dont know about.
Login to Me Too

Daniboo
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get the email today too?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Joshyboy20 and @Daniboo,

Thanks for posting about this.

We are aware of a technical issue that is causing this email to be sent when  some people are checking out as a guest on PayPal. We are working on getting it sorted ASAP. If you are ever worried it is best to check your account and reset your password but I can confirm that there is nothing to be worried about in this case.

Rachael  

Login to Me Too

Joshyboy20
Contributor
Contributor
But i dont recall signing in as a guest? I would like to know then if the email daniboo has recieved displys the same phone number ending in 55741?
Login to Me Too

mikedice417
New Community Member

I got the same type of email. Delivered 4/2/2020 00:23 GMT. My account looks OK, the phone number is valid and my 2FA is working so I guess I will not worry about it based on the comments from the moderator. Would be nice to see a list of changes to my account somewhere in my accounts page.

Login to Me Too

Joshyboy20
Contributor
Contributor
No it was monday but didnt check emails untill today. Does the number end in 55741?
Login to Me Too

Joshyboy20
Contributor
Contributor
No it was monday morning, thing is i added my phone number and then removed it to see if i get confirmation emails of removing number which i did, but this number that waas supposedly added was nowhere on my account but i never recieved an email confirming i removed the number, If that makes sense?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.