access card not using paypal balance

Ralphh85
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i have been using my access card for a year or so, it always has used my paypal balance, recently i only just realised its taken about £400 out of my bank (and put me over my limit), theres plenty in my paypal account so why would it change sourses? nothings gone wrong with my account and i have bought some stuff through paypal as well,

Cheers

Ralph

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

comicbooknerd
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I am aware, this is the first occasion that this has happened to me. I wonder if there is any link between the users who are affected etc. Possibly an issue with certain banks rather than the users perhaps? Im only guessing here as PP seem to be keeping most of us in the dark at the moment.

Login to Me Too

HubsterUK
Contributor
Contributor

I was told it's a software communication issue between PP Access Card and PayPal...Two separate entities

Login to Me Too

Ralphh85
Contributor
Contributor

mine aint worked correctly at all for about 9 days!

Login to Me Too

Ralphh85
Contributor
Contributor

called access card on.... 0333 700 7060 ..... apparently its going to be fixed iminantly,

they say paypal are to blame as they send the request to paypal and its paypals decision where it comes from, which seems fair,

Login to Me Too

BooJewels
Contributor
Contributor

I too am experiencing the same problem, although in my case, it's taking money from my associated credit card.

I wondered initially if it was due to having new cards.  Mine was renewed at the end of Feb and I bought an additional one for my husband, available mid-March. 

The first two problem transactions were on the new card of my husbands (the first ones with that card), so I thought that must be the issue - that the authority to take from PayPal funds hadn't been activated or something.  So to check that theory, I tried my own card for a small amount of shopping and was concerned as soon as it wouldn't do a contactless payment - which seemed rather fast for PayPal to have decided to take it from the credit card instead.

I hope it's resolved soon.  Being a credit card, I hadn't realised it had happened until I logged into PayPal, as I haven't yet seen a card statement with these transactions on.  My first problem transaction was on 5th April and the last one as yesterday evening, so it's been happening for over a week already.  That seems a little long for a problematic financial glitch to be fixed.

I personally can find a workaround, so it's more inconvenient than anything, but if money is being taken from bank accounts instead, that's going to cause much more potentially expensive inconvenience for some people - once direct debits start bouncing etc.

Login to Me Too

HubsterUK
Contributor
Contributor

Breaking News! Issue Fixed

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Customer Services.

We are sorry you have been experiencing issues with your PayPal Access Card.

Unfortunately there was an issue with PayPal whereby the funds were not being debited from your PayPal account when a transaction was made which generated a block. PayPal worked hard to fix this problem and we are pleased to confirm that the issue has now been resolved, and your account has been unblocked.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards

Ben Hazard

PayPal Access Card

Login to Me Too

Heulwen
Contributor
Contributor

You're not alone it's been happeneing to me for over a week and I use the card in the Post Office nearly every day.

Login to Me Too

Dave71
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PP Access card since its introduction, and have been having this problem for a couple of weeks.  It then tries to take the payment from my business account which is only linked for withdrawal of funds from the PP account.

It then takes the money from my personal account on a debit card which is linked for payment, although there is always more than ample funds in the account,

One poster says "it's fixed"  I had an e mail this morning saying that the payment has been taken from my debit card again........is this a delay, or is the problem ongoing????

Login to Me Too

comicbooknerd
Contributor
Contributor

I used my access card Saturday and Yesterday and both are showing as coming out of Paypal not my bank, so for the moment for mine it seems to be working as it should be. That being said it has only been working like this since Sat, and I will be checking every card payment made for the next few weeks to confirm the issue hasnt started again.

Login to Me Too

Dave71
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks comic......because it has been trying to take the funds from an account which is not linked (god knows why) there has been a delay of a few days between notifying me, and the debit card payment being taken.  Keeping my fingers crossed now.  I also use the card mainly at the Post Office, as the Access card accoount links in electronically with the shop accounts

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.