access card not using paypal balance

Ralphh85
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i have been using my access card for a year or so, it always has used my paypal balance, recently i only just realised its taken about £400 out of my bank (and put me over my limit), theres plenty in my paypal account so why would it change sourses? nothings gone wrong with my account and i have bought some stuff through paypal as well,

Cheers

Ralph

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

Luvlyluvvie
Contributor
Contributor

I've used my card twice since last Sunday and it's worked properly taking the funds from my balance both times so at the moment it seems to have been resolved for me. So far...

Login to Me Too

Dave71
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Luvvy........my account always shows the payment being made, by the time I get home from the Post Office, but it doesn't register as not being paid from the account, and subsequent payment by debit card until a few days later.  I have worked it out manually each time, and I have (eventually) only paid once.  Keeping fingers crossed now though

Login to Me Too

BooJewels
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm that my own card is now working properly and taking the amount from the PayPal balance and not the associated credit card, as it had for a few transactions. 

Have a look at the exact wording of the email after using the card and compare it with an earlier one that you know was correct,  as I found that they were slightly different - there was an additional line in it about how the transaction would appear on my credit card statement - there might be something similar about debit cards.  Which might help you whilst out before you can check your accounts.  The most recent and correct transaction allowed me to pay contactless - which the erroneous credit card transactions wouldn't. 

Login to Me Too

Ralphh85
Contributor
Contributor

mine to, working fine,

Login to Me Too

Dave71
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  I have to admit that I never read the Access card confirmation e mails in detail (if at all) but it seems that it is fixed now, Will check my next transaction carefully.  But, through this, my PP card has always worked on contactless.

Thanks again, hope it's fixed now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.