Withdrawing USD from PayPal account into USD bank account, living in UK

huanjos
Contributor
Contributor

I have accumulated USD from customers in my PayPal account and would like to retain the USD by withdrawing into my USD based bank account based in the UK. Is there a way to retain the currency in USD when transferring out without first converting it into GBP when doing it through PayPal? It does seem rather counter intuitive.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @huanjos,

Thank you for reaching out! That's a great question. If your US bank account was added with a 9-digit US routing number and account number, then the funds in USD should be withdrawn and stay in the USD currency. If you withdraw funds to your UK bank account, then your funds would be converted to GBP. 

Hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

huanjos
Contributor
Contributor

As I have a UK address, Paypal will not allow me to add a US bank account that has a 9-digit US routing number and account number.

If I try to transfer to a UK bank account that is dominated in USD, PayPal wants to convert the USD to GBP first before I can transfer out.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @huanjos

An account registered in the UK can link a US bank. You'd also have the option to request we change the currency the bank transacts with by reaching out to our support team. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.