Transfer from PayPal to "Cash App" card?

Bergman
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to initiate a transfer from my PayPal account to my Cash App card last week. I was told by the automated system that my transfer will be under "security review" for up to 72 hours. After a long wait, the transfer was finally denied. I called PayPal and was told that there was an issue with their "transfer system", and that I should try again. I did, and was greeted with the same "security review" message. The rep assured me that it will not exceed 24 hours, and I clicked "proceed with transfer".

Now I'm left wondering if the issue is simply that I cannot transfer money from PayPal to my Cash App card. I did not get any other errors during the transfer. Does anyone have experience transferring money to the Cash App?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

Jbest89
Contributor
Contributor
The ONNLY WAY to transfer money from PayPal to cashapp is by getting the debit card for cashapp and linking that debit card to your PayPal and then you can transfer money from PayPal to your cashapp but transfer money option in your PayPal account and have it sent to the debit card from cashapp
Login to Me Too

BigKev7
Contributor
Contributor
What you can do, is transfer your PayPal funds over to another credit or debit or bank account that you have registered on PayPal, then use that same account through your cash app to add that same money to your cash card. With both services you have to have a card or bank account to transfer money to and from anyway, so though it’s slightly irritating, it’s still almost instantaneous as far as access to you funds is concerned.
Login to Me Too

SnSMomma
I had the same issue but I was paying my PayPal credit balance. And it finally denied and caused me extra fees and interest charges. Apparently PayPal can not take a prepaid card for payments. But on paypals end they say it was declined for insufficient funds. Thankfully I got everything waived because I called in immediately after noticing the decline.
Login to Me Too

Quanahb
New Community Member
I figured out how to successfully do this. Add your cash app cards routing and account number to PayPal as if it’s a “bank” instead of the cash app card directly. It should then show up as a Lincoln savings bank. They’ll send test transactions that may take a business day to confirm but after that you’re set 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gypsiblu
Contributor
Contributor
I tried as well and the answer is...you can't. I tried both ways and after a few hours on the phone with both PayPal and Cash app I finally got my answer. This is NOT due to anything in Paypal's system tho. Cash App simply refuses to play nice. They will not allow any sort of transaction from PayPal at all. Not even receiving money. I guess they don't want money that bad. Or more than likely there are some sort of vendor fees that Cash app refuses to pay but this time at least it's not an issue on PaypL's end. The ONLY answer I found was to use my direct deposit info from Paypal Plus Cash Card and link as a bank account to Cash app. Which you must do as a manual link (give them the routing and account number and wait for 2 small deposits then verify those deposits on the app in a couple of days) for some reason Paypal's routing number matches Wells Fargo and plaid will try to log you into the online weld Fargo banking. Once you've linked the accounts however you can do the slow transfers. Im not sure about instant deposit because I haven't tried it but I did test the 1-2 day free transfer and had no problem either way.
Login to Me Too

DrLadyCreepen
Contributor
Contributor
You go to your PayPal app or account, go to where it says add a card or bank, type in your cash app card information. Then go back to home, select transfer, choose your cashapp card and bam. Transfer complete. I know because I literally just did it.
Login to Me Too

jayfox96
New Community Member
I tried it once as a tester and under $100 went through. The second time for the remaining full amount I wanted to transfer over $200 have me that dumb message So dumb any way over it?
Login to Me Too

Modollaz
Yes you can! On cashapp you will find your banking and routing info it’s a custodial account via Wells Fargo which PayPal will accept. Go to PayPal and add bank usin the routing and acct # NOT the debit card number, it won’t work that way. I’ve successfully done it after like a year of trying. Hope this helps
Login to Me Too

jprich
Contributor
Contributor
When I first attempted this, 4-5 months ago, PayPal would only allow a transfer to my linked Lincoln Bank, not the cashapp card. I just tried for the hell of it, today and it worked, just like instant transfer to bank debit card. I also have a PayPal cash card and linked Wells Fargo acct and routing #'s to my cash app, so that might have something to do with it.
Login to Me Too

smirkdagod
New Community Member
Hey this does work in my experience. i know you can add ur cashapp card to paypal and you can cash out your balance to that. usually happens instantly.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.